• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

There are few things that you may want to try:

– Since you show the data to everybody give the users the minimum permissions so they can read the data from all those lists

– Find/build a web part that would stay on the same page as your chart and at the specific moments would refresh the page, print the page/chart and send it by email or save it under a common location

– find an application that would do all the above (There are app that record your actions on the page and rerun them)

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

Thanks for replying. My gut feeling is that we should give minimum permissions across all site collections via the use of an Active Directory group, but I'm having difficulty getting other members of the team to see this.

Are you aware of any web parts that can automatically capture the screen it resides on and copy it to an email?

Thanks!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Unfortunately I don't know such web part.

The chart has a print option and you can print it to a pdf/image then save it in a central location so all users can access it.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

First time poster, so please don’t bash me about with a concrete banana.

I’m using a qChartView (version 5.7) on our SharePoint 2007 installation. The qChartView is a “Rolled Up List”, which consumes data from lists contained within several site collections. The chart displays data depending on the user’s permissions within these site collections. If a user doesn’t have access to a specific lists, they don’t see the data represented on the chart.

The chart is a very high level overview of the data contained in a list. I’d like to share this chart with users who may not have permission to the underlying data. At the moment we get our project manager to take a screen capture of the chart and email to interested parties. This isn’t a acceptable solution going forward.

Can anyone suggest a solution? E.g. how to automate the capture and email of the chart, or how to bypass the SharePoint permissions (using elevated privileges?)

Many Thanks!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Many thanks !

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.