- This topic is empty.
- 10/03/2013 at 5:20 am #5650
Hi , I have a customer that is having an issue with this capability. They have 'AD Groups' referenced inside of a number of 'SP Groups'. For some reason it is not working – on the back of this disscussion it appears it should – shall I get them to open a support case directly on this?
- 10/03/2013 at 10:00 am #5463
Yes. Quest Web Parts ShowUserGroup and HideUserGroup only work for SharePoint groups whose users have been imported directly as SharePoint users to the group. You can edit that group from the root site (Site Actions > Site Settings > People and Groups) and add AD Group to the SP group.
10/04/2013 at 10:18 am #5651
My understanding of how AD Group and SP Group works with SharePoint permissions are:
- Adding a user or AD group to a SharePoint group or site causes a full index to calculate the permissions
- Adding users to an Active Directory group that already has permission in a SharePoint group does not trigger a full crawl of the index to calculate changes in permissions
If this problem occurred to be related to the second bullet above, then it may not work because no change in permissions is performed. If it is not, please open a support ticket with us.
- 10/07/2013 at 9:13 am #4388
Hi, Can anyone confirm if QuickApps supports ‘AD Groups’ when added to SP Sercurity Groups?
- 10/07/2013 at 9:13 am #5652
What version of QuickApps is this customer using? Prior to version 6.1 we did not support AD Groups inside of SharePoint Groups. This was fixed in 6.1. It is listed in the Resolved Issues in the release notes as TF#256831.
If the customer is on 6.1 or later then a support case would be warranted.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.