'Show and Hide' based on SharePoint Security Groups and AD Groups

'Show and Hide' based on SharePoint Security Groups and AD Groups

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi , I have a customer that is having an issue with this capability. They have 'AD Groups' referenced inside of  a number of 'SP Groups'. For some reason it is not working – on the back of this disscussion it appears it should – shall I get them to open a support case directly on this?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Yes. Quest Web Parts ShowUserGroup and HideUserGroup only work for SharePoint groups whose users have been imported directly as SharePoint users to the group. You can edit that group from the root site (Site Actions > Site Settings > People and Groups) and add AD Group to the SP group.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

My understanding of how AD Group and SP Group works with SharePoint permissions are:

• Adding a user or AD group to a SharePoint group or site causes a full index to calculate the permissions
      • Adding users to an Active Directory group that already has permission in a SharePoint group does not trigger a full crawl of the index to calculate changes in permissions

If this problem occurred to be related to the second bullet above, then it may not work because no change in permissions is performed. If it is not, please open a support ticket with us.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi, Can anyone confirm if QuickApps supports ‘AD Groups’ when added to SP Sercurity Groups?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi John,

What version of QuickApps is this customer using? Prior to version 6.1 we did not support AD Groups inside of SharePoint Groups. This was fixed in 6.1. It is listed in the Resolved Issues in the release notes as TF#256831.

If the customer is on 6.1 or later then a support case would be warranted.

Bill

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.