Show/Hide Custom Action in qListForm

Show/Hide Custom Action in qListForm

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

You can however target custom actions to show or hide to users belonging to specific SharePoint groups using Show/HideUserGroups properties while editing a custom action.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I missed to elaborate my question. My bad.

I wanted to show/hide a custom action based on column (Status) value. I understand this is not possible anyway.

Thank You for your reply.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Julius? How are you?

We have had to opt for radio buttons when this was a requirement. Not a great alternative but it works; at least those can be conditioned on field values.

Jim

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Is it possible to Show/Hide Custom Actions in qListForm?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I'm doing good. Thanks for asking Jim.

That was just little annoying. Tweaked the requirement in a diferent way..

Yes, radio button approach would fine.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Using only SharePoint groups to show/hide custom actions is far too limiting to make the feature truly useful.

I have a specific case where I want to hide a custom action if the "Status" field is not "Submitted".  I also want to hide the custom action if the current user is not in a particular SharePoint list(not a SharePoint group) even if the field "Status" is "Submitted".

There are many technical reasons in my specific case why I cannot use a SharePoint group here.  I need the flexibility of including list lookups and field value tests.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.