Showing tabs not working in partnership with Form Component

Showing tabs not working in partnership with Form Component

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

What is the Quest Web Parts version you're using?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

The top of the help file says Whats new in 5.3.  I know that it is not the latest version since I can not do the inline validation from form component behavior.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jeff,

To see the QWP version please go to the web part menu and hit About.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Version 5.3 Build 2010.07.16

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

One of my users brought me an interesting issue with a screen that I built for them. 

In Form Layout, I am showing a particular tab when the user is a member of a particular sharepoint group.  I also have logic in the Form Component Behavior section that also defines the ‘data’ conditions when the same tab should display.  My assumption was that they would work together and I would only have the tab displayed when the group is correct AND the data condition is true.  What I am getting is a screen that ignores the Form Layout instructions and only uses the Form Component rules.  This is not acceptable to them since more people can see the tab then are supposed to have access.

My question is, is this a bug and also are there any workarounds so that I can use only the Form Component Behavior section to control access to the specific tab for BOTH data conditions and sharepoint group access.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I'd suggest you to take a look to the custom action code sample that we provide in teh installer.

This way you can write your own "form component behavior" with a few lines of code.

Also, the control is even bigger (you can use conditions, validate fields and make decisions inside you code).

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.