ShowUserGroups in PanelMenu if I use AD groups?

ShowUserGroups in PanelMenu if I use AD groups?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Sandy and sorry for such a late reply.

The Show/Hide user groups options in QListForm applly only to the SharePoint users group not to AD groups.

I did a litle bit of research in internet and I found that many people wonder how to link AD and SP groups.

This is an interesting blog entry that speaks about that

http://brijesh.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!BFBD772FBDA58C6D!337.entry

Also I found a topic that was talking about a custom web app that manages SP users/groups and AD users/groups.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We use mostly Active Directory groups for security in SharePoint.  I’ve created a panel menu that I want to show to some users and hide from others…if I use our AD groups it won’t show/hide the panel menu.  If I use SharePoint groups it works just fine.  I’ve also tried adding the AD groups to a SharePoint group and that didn’t work either.

Any thoughts?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have added my AD group, which is quite large and I don't want to maintain in two locations since it's already being maintained in AD, to the SharePoint group but the panel menu will not show up for the users in the AD group (that is placed in the SharePoint group).  If I individaully place users in that SharePoint group the Panel Menu will show up but like I said it's a huge group and I really don't want to add all the users one by one to that group and then maintain it in SharePoint as well as AD since it will always be the same.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.