SI Configuration for System Type – SqlServer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi
      There was a bug introduced shortly before we released version 5.2 of Quest Web Parts. The Editor for SI Web Part Catalog property for SQL Server type system does not look into the User ID and Password properties to build the connection string. So if you use Configuration Editor to define the System/Service for SQL Server and enter the User ID and Password in separate box (masked input for the Password), the Editor for Catalog property ignores them and uses the connection string without thus having problem building up the dropdown list for stored procedure.
      The bug was fixed and released as 5.2 hot fix since 2010.04.01. However user can chose not to upgrade but work around by specifying User ID and Password directly in the connection string input box separated by semicolon. The problem though is that Password is plain text in the configuration file as well as in the Editor tool.
      The bug only affects the Editor for SI Web Parts Catalog property when defining operations to SQL Server.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I'm having the same issue and we're running 5.7.  I get a successfull connection but nothing shows up in the method drop down.  Any additional suggestions?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Chele,

Having a successful connection doesn't mean that the user has the rights to list all stored procedures and therefore the drop down list can be empty.

Please ensure that the user that you use in the connection string has proper rights.

A quick test would be to log in to the SQL Server using the same user and see whether you can see all stored procedure.

Please let me know how it goes.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I originally configured SI to use Web Services and I created an End Point on my SQL Server to expose the stored procedures as Web Methods. This setup worked fine and I was configuring my qSIListView web parts. I was then told that using the web services way to connect to an SQL server was the “old” way and that the CBT hadn’t been updated to reflect the new SQL connector. So – I dropped my End Point and reconfigured the SI.cfg file to use the SQL connector – complete with Connection String. I am using Integrated Security and my account is dbowner on that database. When I press “Test Connection” it is successful. When I go to the page with the qSIListView web part, I delete all current settings and begin to configure it using the new provider. When I get to the Add Operation wizard, there are no methods listed. I can’t type anything in the drop-down box. Does anyone know how to make the provider aware of the Stored Procedures? Thanks

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Sometimes you have to verify the basics first. Thanks!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.