So WHY does QListView display long date format when the source list restricts to DATE ONLY???

So WHY does QListView display long date format when the source list restricts to DATE ONLY???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Kirk,

I created a custom list, I added a field of type DateAndTime and choose Date Only. I aded some values and my list view displays the Date only.

DateTimeField.png

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

For anyone looking into this to find a good answer – I'm sorry, but as of this post there isn't one.

However, there IS an answer.  The support staff sent me the solution – which is to create a custom field where you create a formula to present the value from the date field you are working with.  Then, apply the formatting to THAT field through the configurator (and, of course, don't display the original field).

As you likely are now, I was disappointed by this "walk around the block" to "find the back door".

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I know this is a few years late, but I also had to create a calculated column and just format the date I needed.

I tried just creating a column = to the Project start date, but still got Date and Time, so I just used the calculation to format the date

=TEXT([Project Start Date],"mm/dd/yyyy")

I then needed to set the width to 20px so the column would not get resized & stack the date.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

Can you please provide your SP and QuickApps (Quest Web Parts) version?

If you take a look to the above post, it works just fine. That post is from 2011 so I tested the latest released version (6.2 for SP2010)  and also it works fine.

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

Unfortunately for me our Quest version is a 5.4, so I am not sure why we are not up todate.

Quest has been in this environment longer than me which I've been here two years.

I will need to follow up with Infrastructure why we are so far behind

Thanks 

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

In SharePoint we built a list and carefully ensured each date field was DATE ONLY.  When I display that list through qlistview it presents the DATE AND TIME – which is not what we want.  Why is this?

Do I actually have to create a new Calculated Value and display that in its place or am I missing something?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Your current version is out of support period and I strongly recommend you to upgrade.

The latest released version is 6.2 for SharePoint 2010 and 2013 (separate packages).

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.