Sort Items by Current Year

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Vishnu,

I'm a bit confused, you mention both "sort" and "display" in your question. I'm going to answer both situations.

For sorting in qListView there is an option in ezEdit tab Display called Sort Fields. Put your fields and orders there (ie Last Name DESC,  DateOfBirth ASC). This will sort the items on the initial load of the data.

For filtering the data use the CAML filter options.

In your case you need to create a calculated field in your list that would store the year portion of the Created field and use CAML filter to build a condition based on this field and hard code current year.

Also you can think of adding a list that would store some years (ie2012, 2013, ..) and use this in a qSelector and have set the initial value to 2012 and use this qSelector to pass a session to the qListView and build your CAML filter based on a session.

Please check the product documentation for more details.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello ,

How can we sort the Items in qList View by Current year.

I just want to display items in List which are created in Current Year only.

Thanks,

Vishnu Jalagam

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

okie..Thanks, I am actually looking for filtering option.

I can work in this way, but the problem is I have pretty old data as well (data from year 1995 also) . I cannot go ahead and create so many years.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.