SP2010 Tabbed "Quest Web Part" picker – can it be hidden?

SP2010 Tabbed "Quest Web Part" picker – can it be hidden?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Typo correction: "As you can see in my example below, users are being given information that is irrelevant."

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Jim,

You can use the Configuration Editor tool to hide completely the QWP ribbon.

Please note that this option applies on the web application level so all site collections and sites will be impacted.

See attached the option and check out docs for more details.

If you have any questions please let me know.

CONFIGeDITOR.png

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks, ! I will give that a try and come back with an update.

– Jim

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

This configuration change worked… for me. For my co-worker (who actually made the change), it did not work. It is still showing the Quest ribbon for him. Some caching issue maybe?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

In 2010, a web part page that includes Quest web parts has a set of tabs at the top (see image) that identify all the Quest web parts on that page. I don’t know why this is necessary and I can see it being confusing to our users. Is there any simple way to hide this? As you can see in my example below, users be given information that is irrelevant. They do not need to know that I have included a webpart called “pageFooter” on the page; just seeing the webpart itself is sufficient. Thanks!

(This seems to apply to QWP 5.7 as well as to “QuickApps” 6.0.

Capture.JPG

– Jim

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

You can try an iisreset and also double check that you changed the right web.config file.

Also, this change has to be performed on all your WFE servers.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.