Systematically changing "Show User Groups"

Systematically changing "Show User Groups"

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have a tabbed form that I am using to display different types of requests such as “Meeting Room”, “AV Equipment”, “Conference Call” etc.  The first tab simply displays checkboxes which the user will select to indicate what type of request is desired (could select multiple).  The desired effect is that the other tabs will only be visible (tabs and content) after the user selects the corresponding checkbox.  I know that the form component behavior can be configured to hide the content of the tabs, but it doesn’t completely hide the tab itself.  I really don’t want the users to see all possible tabs because they will naturally want to click on them, and behold, nothing.  Now I also know that if I enter a value in the “Show User Groups” settings for a container that doesn’t correspond to a valid user group, the entire tab will be hidden, which is very interesting.  So my point…does anyone know a way to change the entry in the “Show User Groups” field based on a users selections.  For example, if the user selects “Meeting Room” on the first tab, the default invalid entry in the “Show User Groups” field for the “Meeting Room” container will be cleared, resulting in it being visible.  If they subsequently unselect it, the “Show User Groups” field will be populated back to the default invalid value that will result in it being hidden again.  I know this is a work-around, but it’s the only way I can see to make this form really work for us.  If there’s a better way to accomplish this, please let me know.  THanks!

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Gerald,

The below links talk about changing the web part properties at the runtime.

Please give them a try and let us know how it goes.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sharepointdevelopment/thread/7f12b692-dbbb-44d3-90fe-aff0a13213c0/

http://www.mikhaildikov.com/2008/10/saving-webpart-personalization.html

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.