The LID HTTP parameter is required (the ID of the list item to be edited).

The LID HTTP parameter is required (the ID of the list item to be edited).

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello Community,

I’m getting an error when trying to setup a EditListItem.

In the documentation it says to change the ID to something like LID which I did.  

The qListForm and several other webparts such as Microsoft List Form uses an HTTP Parameter called ID to identify the item to be displayed or edited. This HTTP Parameter is usually generated automatically by the viewer webpart, such as qListView or qCalendarView, when the user selects an item to be displayed or edited.

However, there is an issue when the qListForm is placed on a webpart page that is contained within a document library. Due to a bug in SharePoint, the page will generate an error if the value of the ID HTTP Parameter is bigger than the number of pages within the document library. To prevent this error from happening, we need to rename the ID HTTP Parameter.

By default, the value of this property is “ID”. You can change the value of this property to something else, such as LID. In that case, the qListForm will get the ID of the item to be displayed or edited from the HTTP Parameter called LID.

error.PNG

Version 5.7 and Moss 2007

Any suggestions, workarounds or fixes?

Thank you.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Richard,

When you change the ID to LID on the qListForm you need to do that change on the qListView on the LinkTo field.

The qListView LinkTo fiedl property would look something like this

…YourPage.aspx?LID=<%ID%>

This setting would pass the ID of the item to the qListForm that expects the LID http parameter to identify the item in the list.

Please let me know if you still have any questions.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.