Unable include a QuickApps in Branding Solution.

Unable include a QuickApps in Branding Solution.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

For everyone's Information, "WA.Common.dll" belongs to QuickApps.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

If you deployed your custom branding solution to your SharePoint, this error seems to indicate that WA.Common.dll is missing either from GAC or from SharePoint site private Bin folder. Could you verify if that is the case?

Could you also explain about your custom branding solution? How you reference WA.Common.dll and whether it is part of the deployment from your solution?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Quest WA Common ListBasedWebPart is missing.jpg

Thank you for your reply.

As I mentioned earlier, WA.Common is from Quest and is available in GAC.

Also I have copied this dll file to bin folder.(Just in case…)

It seems "ListBasedWebPart" module is missing and I am stuck here.

I have been using this customized master page for about two years with no issue, once I included 'qCascadingMenu' webpart in the master page, I am geting issue. (the same webpart is working as charm when I included in master page using SPD 2010)

I am having another master page (act as default master) in the same solution, that is working with no issue.

Once I changed the master page (we are using publishing template) in the site collection (after deployment), I am getting the error which I mentioned start of the discussion.

J

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Since ListBasedWebPart is the base class for the cascading menu web part, not seeing it in the intellisense off "using" statement is correct in your VS.NET file. Am I right by assuming the screen shot illustrates your code behind file for your custom master page? It seems to me that you are able to declaratively include qCascadingMenu in master page using SPD 2010 but failed if you are programmatically including it in the master page code behind in your VS.NET solution. Please clarify if this is the case.

If that is the case, with "using WA.Common" is not good enough. You will need "using WA.Navigation" and add WA.Navigation.dll to project reference. This assembly contains the "CascadingMenu" web part.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thank again . Refer my reply below in Bold

Since ListBasedWebPart is the base class for the cascading menu web part, not seeing it in the intellisense off "using" statement is correct in your VS.NET file. Am I right by assuming the screen shot illustrates your code behind file for your custom master page?[Yes, you are right, code behind for my master page] It seems to me that you are able to declaratively include qCascadingMenu in master page using SPD 2010 but failed if you are programmatically including it in the master page code behind in your VS.NET solution[Yes, you are right]. Please clarify if this is the case.

If that is the case, with "using WA.Common" is not good enough. You will need "using WA.Navigation" and add WA.Navigation.dll to project reference. This assembly contains the "CascadingMenu" web part.

I have inluded WA.Navigation in the solution. Still I am getting the same error.

Even I tried other WA's dlls also, (in case..) but no sucess.

May be the WA.Navigation is not updated in version 5.7, but I am not sure.

To cut the story short, still stuck up. 🙂

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I am trying to include QuickApps’s ‘qCascadingMenu’ webpart in my custom branding solution using VS 2010. I am getting the below error message and also I attached the screen shot.

————————————————————————

Error c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\9c31240b\518a02dd\App_Web_<Master file name>_-1160562275.l4gipiqt.0.cs(2677): error CS0012:

The type ‘WA.Common.ListBasedWebPart’ is defined in an assembly that is not referenced.

You must add a reference to assembly ‘WA.Common, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2b4b09f1c57c8f0b’.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation. Correlation ID: a33ae5a8-4f75-4fd3-919d-aec5bfc96e91

Date and Time: <Date and Time>

———————————————————————–

I have referenced WA.Common in my solution but I am getting the above error.

PS: When I included the same webpart using SharePoint designer direcly in the Master page, it is working absolutely fine.

I just copied the same webpart code and registered the tagprefix in the solution and also referenced WA.Common.dll. Still no success.

Has anyone included a QuickApps in visual studio solution?

Environment: SharePoint 2010, Visual Studio 2010, QuickApps 5.7

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I figured out the solution for the issue.

Resolution:

To include qCascadingMenu programatically through a branding solution (VS, .NET Code) , do the below two things.

1. Add the below GAC assemblies in the reference.

WA.Core

WA.Common

WA.Navigation

2. Add the below in the Master page – top portion.

<%@ Import Namespace="WA.Navigation" %>

<%@ Import Namespace="WA.Common" %>

<%@ Import Namespace="WA.Core" %>

<%@ Register tagprefix="Common" namespace="WA.Common" assembly="WA.Common, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2b4b09f1c57c8f0b" %>

<%@ Register tagprefix="Core" namespace="WA.Core" assembly="WA.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2b4b09f1c57c8f0b" %>

<%@ Register tagprefix="Navigation" namespace="WA.Navigation" assembly="WA.Navigation, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2b4b09f1c57c8f0b" %>

Obviously you will be including the qCascadingMenu webpart XML in the required place in the master page.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.