Unable to pull stored procedures to siqListForm

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi

It looks like you have permissions to connect to SQL server database but you don’t have permissions to list the stored procedures.

Open SQL Server Management Studio, use the same method to login as you specify in the Configuration Editor tool for your Service (Integrated Security or providing an user and a password) and try to see whether you can expand the Stored Procedure node and see the content
      or you can run this query and see if you get some results back.

select name from sysobjects where xtype=’P’ and category <> 2 order by name

If you don’t see anything in the Stored Procedure folder or coming back after executing teh above query then the SI web parts won’t be able to display anything.

Fix the account permissions and try again.
      See this link:
      http://www.sql-server-performance.com/forum/threads/granting-permissions-to-view-stored-procedures.22979/

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by AgreeYa Super Admin.
      • This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by AgreeYa Super Admin.
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have successfully granted execute permissions to one SP for the integrated user account but still no SP shows up.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

What about the tests I suggested above?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have configured SI with integrated authentication but am unable to get any stored procedures into my web part.

Ideally I woudl like to use a dedicated SQL account for access and permission but am unable to get that to work as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Yes, I can expand and open all stored procedures now when logged in as that user. I can also execute them as well.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

What about executing this query?

select name from sysobjects where xtype='P' and category <> 2 order by name

You can also try using the SQL Profiler Tool to see what happens when you hit the Refresh button next to the Methods combobox control.

If that still fails please contact customer support and we can go on a webex.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.