Upgrade problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Clifford,

-Did you uninstall 5.7 without issues and then you installed 6.2?

-Please check the ULS log file for any error/unexpected event related to the installation. We might find some detailed error messages that can help.

-What's your SP version?

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

As far as I know the uninstall went fine, though I wasn't watching really closely. There is nothing left in the install folder:

'C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Quest Web Parts for SharePoint 5.7', and it's not listed as a farm solution anymore, so I assume the uninstall went fine.

We are on SP2010 SP2

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Clifford,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Since this is something that requires more investigation please contact Customer Support and open a case so we can get on a webex and try to solve the problem.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I’m trying to upgrade from 5.7 to 6.2 in my test farm. During the install, I get a string of these error messages:

Setup is unable to find the definition for feature ‘QuickApps for SharePoint – Configuration’.

This is repeated for (I assume) every feature. It then goes on to report that the install was successful, and the feature even shows as deployed. I run the configuration editor to modify my web.config, if everything. But the feature is not available in any site

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Thatkns for the advice. Apparently the key is to run autorun.exe from the download and choose install, not just run setup.exe. Not sure why it was different, but it worked today.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.