Use HttpParameter instead of Session to set value in new form on same page as a display form

Use HttpParameter instead of Session to set value in new form on same page as a display form

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

n

Can you please provide the following:

n

– SharePoint and QuickApps versions

n

-List Template (no data)

n

-qListView and qListForm list templates

n

This would help me to recreate your scenario and finding a workaround (if there is any).

n

Thanks,

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

n

n

Hi there,

n

It appears that this question went inactive after our follow-up conversation. I'm going to mark the most appropriate reply as the answer to this question.

n

If you still need help, just reply to the forum thread with your findings or question and we will take another look.

n

Thanks!

n

Ryan McKinney

n

DSG Communities Team

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

SharePoint 2010

n

QuickApps v6.3

n

n

I will attach the templates requested.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have multiple form views on the form that are tied together per the session variable…if the page sits a long time the session variable expires or if another page opens the session variable is overwrote.  If possible I'd like to grab the ID of the original form from the http ID param vs the session variable so there isn't a time out and it grabs the param from the page and won't get overwrote by another page that is opened.  I will attach a few of the forms on display form but I'm not sure you'll get a good view of what I'm trying to do from the form views…because I want to use a http param from the display view form in a new form pop view form for another list.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have a Display form “Ticket” (using qListForm) and a view (qListView) of Notes related to that ticket, view only shows Notes with the Ticket ID value of what the Ticket ID is per the http parameter “ID” in the URL.nnIf I create a New Note for that Ticket I grab the session ID that is set by the Ticket’s qListForm. This is fine unless our users have multiple windows open and then it will grab what ever Ticket ID is in the session variable per the last page they were on not necessarily the one of the page they have now moved to and want to create the Note for.nnSo wondering if you can grab the ID from the HttpParameter of the page they are trying to create the new Note on rather than the session variable that could be wrong if they opened another window and another ticket which reset the session variable.nnRight now we’re telling them to refresh their page if they come back which resets the session variable but it’s kind of a pain and they don’t always do it. They are working multiple tickets so they like to use multiple windows which we’ve tried telling them not to do as well. nn

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

All list and web part files…the web parts are all on the Project List display form but figured you needed the lists that the web parts display for the form and included them as well.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.