Variety® displays as Variety? in qSIListView, but displays okay on other websites.

Variety® displays as Variety? in qSIListView, but displays okay on other websites.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hello,

n

The  ® symbol displays just fine in my env using SQL Server and QuickApps 6.3 for SP2010. See attached.

n

What's your System Type (SQL server, Oracle, web service)?

n

You say in the post's title that it displays fine on some web sites, is that data coming from the same System? What's your QuickApps and Sharepoint versions?

n

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

n

We are accessing an Oracle 11gR2 database via SharePoint 2010, and it looks like we are using QuickApps 6.0 for SP2010.  We would upgrade to QuickApps 6.3 for SP2010, but our SharePoint admin recently left the company, so we are a little hesitant to upgrade anything.  We were just wondering if there was some setting that needed to be changed in the web part to enable special characters?

n

We have a ticket open (SR Number:2526959) if you could update anything there.

n

Thanks so much,

n

Tom

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Also, we do have another web site using c#/dot net that access the same data, and it displays the special character just fine.

n

Cheers,

n

Tom

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Tom,

n

I was able to replicate your problem in my env. using Oracle  database. Let me take a closer look at this and I'll get back to you with my findings.

n

Thanks,

n

n

n

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

We have a query that returns a variety with the registered trademark,®, but it returns a ? with the qSIListView.  Is there a setting on the display field to allow it to display ® and not a question mark?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Please add the following to the connection string:
      Unicode=true

n

It worked in my env. Please let me know hot it goes.
      Thanks,

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.