Web Part Custom Action with Properties

Web Part Custom Action with Properties

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Can nobody help? I'd really like to get this working (or find out if its even possible).

Cheers,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

When you write a custom action of type "Custom" (based on the ple code that we deliver with QWP installer or your own code) the values can be set only within your custom actions and not within the ezEdit options.

Let's say that you have a list and qListForm that allows the user to add new item to the list. Your custom action is used in the form to pre populate a specific field "Field1" so when the user wants to add a new item the field "Field1" is prepopulated based on your businesss logic from your Custom action.

If you open the pleCustomActionsAndCustomLayouts project from the folder where you installed QWP you see the class pleFormInitializationAction : ICustomActionEx

and the method Perform thet gets executed on the page load event. This is a very powerfull feature when you want to have your code executed when the form loads or use the results form a previous cuastom action (see class pleCustomActionEx from teh same project).

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

If you consider that the answer was helpful please don't hesitate to mark it as "Answered”.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

When i’m adding a Custom Action to a Web Part (either to the ToolBar/Context Menu or on FormInitialization), for the standard Custom Action types (e.g. GoToURL), I get to enter properties(e.g., the URL)

What i want to know is, can i have properties for an action of type ‘Custom’ (i.e., a Custom Action that I have written and deployed myself), so that i can set values for the Custom Action via the ezEdit screen? If so, can somebody give me an example of how to do this?

Thanks,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi ,

I was hoping to be able to setup parameters for the Custom action. For example, my custom action relies on a HTTP Parameter. I'd like to be able to set this HTTP Parameter via ezEdit – similar to how the 'ID HTTP Parameter Name' is set in the qList Form. This way i can write the Custom Code to be more general, so that it can be used in multiple locations and then configured via ezEdit.

If this is not possible, could i submit an enhancement request for this feature?

Thanks,

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.