web part walk through

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi,

Quest Web Parts have a collection of videos available for download from quest.com.

http://www.quest.com/common/registration.aspx?requestdefid=14125

or follow the link (after you logged in to the site)

Quest Web Parts for SharePoint – Computer-Based Training

It will provide you great information about our web parts (configuration, usage, tricks).

Please let me know if you have any problem finding the package and/or use it.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Charles,

The CBT is free, you just have to register with Quest (if not yet registered).

We provide those video to our customers to help them starting with our Web Parts.

If you have any questions or you're interested in someting that is not covered in CBT please let me know.

Thanks again,

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have a question regarding the qlistform. i am trying to hide the title field, and have it populate with the information keyed into another field. i need this information duplicated becuase the workflow sends emails with the title field information. The CBT  seems to have an explanation for this procedure but i have yet to get it to work. could you offer any insight?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Charles,

You can accomplish your goal using a second field (Title2) and set it as a calculated format in qListForm (in Display Fields->Edit->scroll to the bottom and set the Field Type to Calculated Format).

Another option is to use the field type Calculated in your list definition.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

http://twitter.com/questwebparts2

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

i was able to get this to work. when the list item is entered with the qlistform, and the title info is passed in this manner, it doesnt show up in the task list for the workflow(in the corresponding title field)

is there some way i can correct this error?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

are there any complete walk through’s avaliable for the quest web parts for sharepoint? i am specifically looking for informaiton on how to configure the qlistview to edit items.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

there is really no need for a template. I am replacing the microsoft forms with qlistforms on a list that will kick off a workflow. there are 2 columns that are of concern, the default title column, and the project name column. The project name column is a lookup column that is fed from a project list elsewhere in sharepoint. I have altered the title column to be a calculated field within the qlistform, to duplicate  what ever is entered into the project name column. This transfers to the list and both columns match, but when the workflow kicks off and adds a task to its task list, the title is not transfered.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi Charles,

I'd be glad to help but I need more info from you. Could you please send me the list template, the Quest Web Parts templates and the workflow so I could recreate your env. in my lab.

Thanks,

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.