The following error occurred: “The QuestSoftware/SystemIntegration section in the web.config is not defined.” during configuring SI web part.
TitleError Message: “The QuestSoftware/SystemIntegration section in the web.config is not defined.”
In order to get SI web parts to work, additional configuration is required.
1. Open the Configuration Editor tool.
2. Open web.config file for the web application where SI web parts will be used.
3. Go to Edit - QuestSoftware Section Editor and switch to the System Integration tab:
• SI Config File: The full path to the system integration configuration file. Please note that relative path will not work. If the file has not been created, select the path as to which you would like it to reside.
• Dynamic Assembly Path: During its operation, the SI Web Parts need to generate proxy DLLs for the Web Services (if you connect to your external service using Web Services). By default, these DLLs will be generated in c:WindowsTemp folder. If you want the DLLs to be generated in another location, you can specify the full path of the folder name here. Please note that the user identity that you specify in the web application pool in IIS must have full access to this folder.
• Enable Trace: If you turn this on, the SI Web Parts will generate additional information when an error occurred during its operation.
4. Once the above fields are filled out, select OK.
NOTE: If the SI Configuration file specified in the Editor does not exist, the editor will display this in the Message Window:
The SI Configuration file specified in the metadata attribute does not exist. Please select this message and click Fix to create it
To create the file, select this message in the window and click Fix.
When the SI Configuration file is created, open it in Configuration Editor and set up required configuration.
Refer to the Configuration Editor - SI Configuration File section in QWP help for more information regarding required configuration.